Follow me on my weight loss journey with Insanity

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 8

I almost didn't even do this workout.  This may be T.M.I for some of you but I was having the worst cramps of my life, some of you ladies will understand it is often difficult to even stand up straight let alone do power squats, tricep dips and high knee kicks (just to name a few)! 

Needless to say, I was not 100% last night but I pushed myself through 1/2 of the workout until Nick made me quit because I was hurting so bad. 

I was furious with myself and still am a little disappointed that I couldn't finish Day 8, these workouts should be getting easier on me, but it wasn't my muscles or joints, or lung capacity that was keeping me from completing the workout, still, I feel terrible.

I will continue on and complete Day 9 tonight and maybe take a light jog afterwards to make up for a few more calories I should have burned on Day 8. 

These things happen, I understand, but I have a goal and I can't take a day off!  After I didn't finish the workout I started to feel bad about myself and my body, looking in the mirror I don't look very different at all, but I know I have just started on this journey and I know I will keep changing every day.  I just had an off day and I will be back on track to losing 15 lbs tonight!

If you have any encouraging words, please share them with me below, I could use a little bit of a pick me up...

Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Just remember that even doing half of the workout is better than none, especially if you stick with healthy eating habits. I've been exercising and dieting since August and I can honestly say that the nutrition seems to matter more than the exercise when it comes to weight loss, anyway. But, the exercise definitely helps...and it makes you stronger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel stronger! I have to keep telling myself that even 1/2 the workout is still burning a ton of calories!! Thanks for the words of encouragement!!

      Delete
  2. Keep it up! If it helps, me and my sister are reading this and on our way to starting this workout :) Sounds like it's kickbutt, but totally worth it! Get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great way to get in shape but it DOES kick your butt for sure, hopefully it will be worth it!!! Good luck, let me know how it goes for you ladies!

      Delete